Hi Loves! For this weeks Top Five Friday I wanted to switch it up a little and do something other than products. This is for all my followers in the Buffalo area. I’m sure some people may think these picks are weird and I didn’t mention something like Duffs BUT I am vegetarian and these are just my personal favorites.
- Wasabi: Okay, if you follow me on instagram you can probably see I go here A LOT. I want to start off by saying I have an unhealthy obsession with sushi and also I HAVE tried other places for sushi. This is my personal favorite because their sushi rolls are so big! I like this because I’m vegetarian and I need a little more food to fill me up. I always get a sweet potato roll and an avocado roll. I also really love their miso soup and edamame. I go here so often because it fills me up but is also a super reasonable price(and also decently close to where I live).
- Cantina Loco: This is my FAVORITE place for Mexican food. Their chips and gauc are to die for. I always get the cheese and vegetable quesadilla and it’s amazing. These kind of foods are why I struggle so much with trying to go vegan. I highly recommend going here if you enjoy Mexican food. If it’s any help, everyone I’ve ever gone with eats meat and they all enjoy it very much as well. I always leave feeling full and satisfied.
- Root + Bloom Cafe: So I’ll admit I’ve only been here once. But with that being said, I LOVED the food and the vibe. This place just recently opened and it’s all vegan! I forced my meat-loving boyfriend to come with me and he enjoyed it as well. I got the avocado toast…can you tell I like avocados yet? They currently only have outdoor seating but they are working on the inside and I can’t wait to see how it looks since I loved the outside so much. I went there for breakfast(obviously) and I really look forward to trying their dinner options!
- Taichi Bubble Tea: Apologies for not switching it up and sharing another sushi place but I had to. This place opened, I believe, last year and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. They have amazing sushi burritos, which I haven’t tried(or knew they existed) until they opened! The way I explain this to people who have asked, its like a chipotle but for sushi. If you couldn’t tell already I usually don’t switch up my options when I go places but I usually get a burrito with kale, avocado, corn, cucumber, carrot and spicy mayo. They also have rice bowls and salad bowls if you aren’t interested in a burrito. I really love their bubble tea too. I used to go to Tea Leaf for bubble tea a lot but Taichi’s a lot less sugary. Although I am literally addicted to sugar, some times its just too much.
- Franks Sunny Italy: This is my absolute favorite place to get Italian food. I’ve been going to this place with my family for as long as I can remember. I get the cheese tortellini and it’s amazing. If you’re into a tomato sauce that’s on the sweeter side you should definitely try this place. They have a huge menu and all their portion sizes are HUGE. I don’t think I have ever been disappointed with their food or service.
- Buffalo Melting Point: Alright, I know this is a top FIVE but I had to throw this one in too because I have an unhealthy obsession with food. I’m not usually a grilled cheese type of person but this place is SOOOO good. Just writing about it right now is making me crave it. So the one I get is fresh mozzarella with tomato, basil pesto and balsamic glaze. Are you drooling yet? I also get the tomato basil soup and, again, I’m not really a tomato soup type of gal but this is GOOD. If you are semi-interested in grilled cheese you should definitely try this place!
Can you see my struggles with trying to diet and be vegan?? It’s so hard with so many unhealthy options here in Buffalo!! I’m slightly embarrassed that my longest Top Five post is about food but its fine. Buffalo babes, where are your favorite places to get food? Leave me a comment!