Hello loves! This weeks Top Five Friday is all about my favorite eyeshadow palettes. It was so hard to pick just five because I have tried SO many and have so many favorites! But these ones are my current top five(:
- Morphe x Jaclyn Hill: This palette came out a little over a year ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Ive talked about this palette in a few posts and some youtube videos. One of my first blog posts was actually about this palette, you can read that here. My feelings haven’t changed since that post, I might even like it more. I always find myself reaching for this palette to do a variety of different looks. This palette is so versatile, which makes it work for any skin tone or look. At this point I’ve used every shade in the palette at least once and I haven’t had an issue with any of them. Some of the darker shades have fall out, which I don’t mind. I would definitely recommend doing your eye makeup before your face makeup if you plan on doing a darker look.
- Tarte In Bloom: I LOVE this palette for a simple, everyday look. These shades are super easy to blend making it perfect for when you want to do a quick look. I love this palette because you can easily go from a simple everyday look to a smokey look for going out. This is definitely the palette I would use if I had to go to work and/or school all day but then wanted to go out at night. You can add on darker shades in your crease and outer corner and add a shimmer to make it pop even more.
- Colourpop Yes, Please: This palette is so fun and perfect for creating a unique yet simple look. I was a little hesitant to buy this palette at first because I had never tried Colourpops eyeshadows. But since I heard so many great things about them I wanted to try them out! This palette is super different from anything else I own.
- ABH Modern Renaissance: I’m obsessed with this palette, to say the least. This palette was SO hyped up when it came out and it was for a good reason. Not to be dramatic but the colors in this are to die for. It gives me such a fall vibe, which is perfect since it’s coming so soon! The contrast between warm and neutral tones in this make it super easy to create a look. I hate when I look at a palette and I think, ‘what am I going to do with this??’ But in this palette I feel like there are endless options. If you look up the hashtag abhmodernrenaissance on Instagram you can see how diverse this palette can be.
- Colourpop x Kathleen Lights Dream St: I purchased this palette at the same time as the last Colourpop palette I mentioned. To be completely honest, I didn’t really have any interest in buying Colourpop eyeshadows until this collaboration with Kathleen Lights came out. I’ve mentioned in a few posts now that a lot of my inspiration for makeup and how I taught myself came from Youtubers. So obviously I love supporting their products, especially if its something I think i’ll like. Like I said before, I was hesitant to try this palette but I was so surprised as to how good it is! The colors in this palette have a great range and you can do a lot of different looks with it. You can keep it simple or you can use the pops of color for something more fun. The shades are also super easy to blend and apply. If you’re just getting into makeup I would definitely recommend trying Colourpops eyeshadow palettes because they are super affordable!
What are your favorite eyeshadow palettes? Leave me a comment!