Hi loves! This weeks Top Five Friday is all about my favorite essential oils! My whole life, my mom has used essential oils and this is what originally got me into them. I kinda stopped using them for a while but recently got back into them. I don’t have a lot of knowledge on essential oils but I do use a few for specific things. With that being said, this post will be a little shorter than usual. But if you do have any specific questions about ANY essential oil, don’t hesitate to ask me. If I don’t have an answer to your question I will ask my mom because she’ll most likely know.
- Tea Tree: This was one of the first oils I ever used and I love it! I use this on my face after I wash it to help with my acne. Some other benefits are; relieves congestion, asthma, + eczema, helps prevent gum disease, aids in wound healing, and more. Its also been shown to help with your hair. This is definitely something I want to try since I have very thin hair. Have any of you tried tea tree oil in your hair? I would love to know your results!
- Lavender: This was always my moms go-to oil and it’s definitely my favorite one. I loveeee the smell of lavender and it has so many benefits. Some of these include; reduces anxiety + stress, aids in healing burns + wounds, helps brain function, improves sleep, relieves pain and sososo many more. I love putting this in my diffuser at night before I go to bed to help me calm down and sleep better.
- Peppermint: So i’ll be honest I don’t use this one a ton but I love the smell of it. This one also has benefits that include; mosquito repellent, prevents bad breath, aids in pain relief and again, many more. This also promotes hair regrowth and I definitely want to try it on my scalp to see if it will help my damaged pieces of hair. Since I bleach my roots I get breakage around my head.
- Lemon: The benefits of this include; aid in stomach problem relief, cleanses your body, insect repellent, soothes sore throats, etc. Again, I don’t use this a ton other than diffusing it because I love the smell.
- Eucalyptus: This one is really great for when you’re sick. It aids in reliving fevers, colds, coughs, sinus issues, congestion and muscle + joint pain. This also has a lot more benefits but I like to use it when I’m sick. You can use eucalyptus in many different ways but I usually diffuse mine or apply it on my skin. I have had really bad problems with my knee and hips joints since the beginning of high school, so whenever they’re feeling worse than usual I like to use this to help give me some pain relief.
Again, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask, I will definitely figure it out for you! And I apologize for this post being so short but my post coming on Monday will DEFINITELY make up for it. Have a good weekend babes!