Since going vegan I decided I wanted to change my skincare routine to be all vegan. I know I don’t have a ton of vegan followers but you may have heard of some of these products and didn’t even know they were vegan. So this is more of just an updated skincare routine(but make it vegan). I wanted to share this because I made a lot of changes since my last skincare routine and have also done more research about skin since then. I’m not even going to link my last post because it is just a whole mess.
Step One: Remove Makeup
The first thing I always do in my skin routine is to remove my makeup. I obviously only do this at night because I don’t typically wake up with makeup on. I love using coconut oil to remove my makeup because it’s truly the only thing that can get ALL of my makeup off my skin. I will say it definitely move it around a bit so I would not recommend only doing this step. The reason I don’t use makeup remover wipes anymore is because every one I have used has made me break out in some sort of way.
Step Two: Cleanse
The cleanser I use and love is the superfood antioxidant cleanser from Youth to The People. This was recommended to me by a Sephora employee and I am so grateful for it. I went into Sephora not really knowing what I wanted, I just knew I needed a new cleanser. The one I previously used was the Cetaphil daily cleanser(trash). The Cetaphil cleanser is basically just soap and I used it for so long because it didn’t make me break out at all. The thing with it is, it doesn’t necessarily harm your skin but it also doesn’t do anything for it. So using it is kinda pointless and a waste of money. I love the YTTP cleanser because it has specific ingredients that you know will help your skin. I created infographics for each product so you can easily see the benefits of them. My favorite part of this cleanser is the spinach in it. I have an issue with texture on my skin and the spinach in this leaves my face feeling so smooth. I use this cleanser in the morning and at night!
Step Three: Exfoliate
This step is my absolute favorite. I exfoliate my face and body every other day at night with the Acure brightening facial scrub. This scrub is meant to be brightening and it definitely is but it also makes my skin SO smooth. Like I mentioned before, I have a problem with texture so anything that smooths out my face is a win for me. Exfoliating is an essential part of a skincare routine whether your skin is dry, oily or a combination.
Step Four: Moisturize
I’ve been using this moisturizer for a few months now and I am completely obsessed. I personally don’t like moisturizers that feel heavy on my skin because I feel like they clog more pores. This First Aid Beauty BarriAIR Cream is the complete opposite of that. It doesn’t feel too heavy where it’s clogging my pores but it also isn’t too light where it’s not keeping my skin moisturized. It’s definitely the perfect in-between. This cream doesn’t only moisturize but it helps to protect your natural skin barrier. I use this at night time and in the morning as a base for my makeup.
Extras: Masks, Tips + More
- As you can see my skincare routine isn’t that complex. I think keeping it simple and finding products that work for your skin is key. Price doesn’t always mean better, I personally look for things that aren’t just completely filled with chemicals.
- Don’t start an entirely new skincare routine at once. If you want to change your whole skincare routine, I would suggest giving one product at least a week or two. If you use a bunch of new products this can freak out your skin and cause you to break out. Then you also won’t know what products are and aren’t working for you.
- I only use face masks about once a month but my go-to is the Lush Don’t Look at Me mask. This mask makes my skin feel
sooosmooth and I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a mask to make your skin bright and soft.
- I just recently got my first facial and I was instantly obsessed. It feels so nice to relax and get your skin taken care of. For my Buffalo guys and gals, I (as always) highly recommend going to Chez Ann. They put so much effort into giving you a relaxing facial with great, high-quality products. I’ll definitely be getting facials a lot more often now.
- DRINK WATER! This may seem cliche but drinking water is so important for your skin. I see a huge difference in my skin and general health when I drink more water. The recommended is half your body weight in ounces and I usually drink more than that. Personally, having a reusable water bottle with a straw makes it so much easier for me to drink water. The one I have is from
Hydroflaskand it is truly the best one I’ve tried.
- ALWAYS take your makeup off at the end of the day. I struggle with this a lot but it is so important. Life gets busy, you lay in bed and get all comfy and realize you didn’t take off your makeup. Sister, listen, it will be SO worth it to get out of your bed for five minutes and do your skincare routine.
Vegan or not, I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment or message me on instagram!