This past weekend I had a cookie baking party with my family! This usually consists of making a variety of different cookies but never any vegan. Since I’ve been trying to eat less dairy recently I decided I would be the one to make vegan cookies. This was actually A LOT easier than I thought it would be. I don’t think most people realize how many substitutes there are for dairy and meat products, I definitely didn’t when I first went vegetarian. This recipe I found online was the most basic one and I picked it because it sounded so simple to make, and it was. I had my dad try one and he said it tasted like a normal chocolate chip cookie! If you’re trying to go vegan but you LOVE sweets, I would recommend going on Pinterest and looking up recipes because there are soososoo many options. I have a few saved on my Pinterest which you can follow, here. I added the ingredients and directions in case any of you wanted to try making them!
- 1 cup(or 2 sticks) of softened vegan butter, I used the brand Earth Balance
- 12 oz dairy-free chocolate chips, I used the brand Enjoy Life
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, I used almond milk but you can also use soy
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened vegan butter and both sugars with an electric hand mixer.
- Add your non-dairy milk + vanilla, mix well.
- Add the salt, flour and baking soda, mix until the dough has formed. I found using a spatula made this easiest.
- Add the dairy-free chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!
If any of you try making these, I would love to know how they turn out! You can leave a comment or message me on instagram!