Everything going on right now has been very scary. Unfortunately, working in a salon I don’t have the option to work from home. My sister is a hairstylist and my dad is a photographer so they’re in the same situation, my brother got laid off from his job, and then there’s my mom who is a nurse, working to make people feel better while putting herself at risk. Times are definitely tough but we’re getting through it. Trying to stay as positive as possible while being stuck at home hasn’t been the easiest. There have been a few things I’ve been doing to keep my mind occupied and off the negative thoughts. Trust me, I have very bad anxiety and it’s not always easy but these things definitely have helped me.
What I’m Watching:
- All American(Netflix)– If you haven’t watched this yet, you need to. Its only two seasons but already sooo good. I finished it within a week.
- Tiger King(Netflix)– I just started this and it’s kinda crazy but also very weird, but everyone likes it so I figured id add it even though I haven’t finished it yet.
- The Hills(Hulu)– I mean, its The Hills…no need to say more. But yes, I’ve been watching it every day before I go to bed.
- I honestly haven’t watched a ton of TV so I will add to this if I start anything new!!
What I’m Listening To:
- THIS playlist– I made a playlist of songs that make happy, it’s all over the place genre-wise but I’m obsessed with it and I encourage you all to make a playlist of songs that make you happy.
- What We Said Podcast
- Skinny Confidential Podcast
What I’m Reading:
- Crushing It By Gary Vaynerchuk– I finished this book in literally two days because it’s so good. If you’re an influencer/want to be an influencer or entrepreneur, you need to read it.
- Positive quotes on Instagram– I love reading happy quotes on Instagram on a normal day but I wanted to share a few I’ve been loving.
What I’m Loving:
- Coffee– This is another thing I love on a normal day but something about waking up and being able to enjoy my coffee while reading or scrolling through Instagram rather than rushing to school while drinking it really just makes my heart happy.
- My pup– Spending extra time with Daisy, has really made me so happy. If you have a pet make sure to give them extra squeezes for me.
- Cozy Blankets– Another, not much to say here because I’m sure everyone can relate, especially right now.
- Candles– I’ve been lighting a candle literally every day(I don’t usually do this) and I don’t know why I never did this before.
- Humidifier– I don’t know about you but nothing is worse than waking up with a stuffy nose and during allergy season, my dehumidifier has been a lifesaver.
- Comfy Clothes– My quarantine uniform consists of a different pair of leggings or sweatpants and a hoodie every day and I love it.
What I’m Doing:
- Walks– Going on walks every day(sometimes twice a day) has really been boosting mood. Even though we’re quarantined you can still go outside for fresh air, just remember to keep a distance when walking past your neighbors. This is definitely also helping Daisy get her energy out which is great.
- Filming YouTube videos– I filmed a youtube video yesterday and it kept me busy and entertained. If you’ve ever thought about starting a youtube channel, nows the perfect time to start.
- Making/watching TikToks– Okay, if you’re not on TikTok, what are you doing? I know people think its for kids, but listen, it is so funny and entertaining. You don’t have to make them but definitely watch them because it’s a good time.
- Working out at home– I honestly don’t work out other than yoga classes but working out will release endorphins and as we all know, those make you happy. SO I’ve been doing a mix of yoga and random workouts I find on Instagram and Youtube.
- Pinning all the pins– Pinterest is so addicting and makes me so happy. If you don’t have one, get one. Also, follow me!
- Writing blog posts– As my fellow bloggers know, writing blog posts take some time. So working on different blog posts has kept me busy and definitely very happy. Blogging is probably my favorite thing to do and I don’t do it nearly enough with my busy schedule. Quarantine has forced me to slow down and focus on my blog and what I want to do with it in the future and it has me very excited. If you ever thought about starting a blog, again, NOW is this time. If you don’t know where to start you can check out these posts or message me on Instagram with any specific questions, I am more than happy to help!
- Drives– Going on drives has been something my family has done for as long as I can remember. Sometimes when I tell people this they don’t understand, so to make it simple, we get in the car and just drive, no specific destination in mind, just driving. Its something I want to do with my future family and something I’ll always cherish doing with my family. Since this quarantine has started we’ve been going on little drives around Buffalo. Now, I know what you’re thinking, quarantine means you stay in your house. BUT we don’t get out of the car ever unless my dad is taking pictures of something and even then we’re not coming into contact with people or things so there’s really no harm in just driving around. I have even seen people putting teddy bears or rainbows in their home windows so if you have kiddos you can drive around(or walk) with them and have a fun little game to see how many teddy bears or rainbows you see.
- Eating GOOD– I mean who isn’t? This is why we work out, its called BALANCE.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are staying healthy and safe. What are you guys doing to keep busy and positive? Leave me a comment! I also want to take a moment to say thank you to all the frontliners and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!